Professional Resume, Legal Successes and Notable Achievements
Law Offices of Gregory C. Nikitas 2006 – Present
- Civil and Criminal Litigation Practice focusing on Criminal Defense in State and Federal Courts
- Qualified as both Lead Prosecutor and Lead Defense Attorney by Capital Litigation Committee of the Illinois Supreme Court
- Successfully argued cases in Illinois Supreme Court and Appellate Courts
- Former Chair of Criminal Law Committee for Lake County Bar Association
- Past President of Lake County, Illinois Inn of Court – the Jefferson Inn
- Member of Lake County Bar Association Committee for Judicial Selection and Retention
- The entity that determines whether Judicial Candidates should be Highly Recommended, Recommended, or Not Recommended
Mahaffee & Nikitas, PC. 2005-2006
- Acted as steward to general law practice when Shane Mahaffee was called into active duty as a U.S. Army Captain from his position in the reserves. Resolved the practice when Mr. Mahaffee was unfortunately and tragically killed in action in Iraq.
Hermann & Nikitas, PC. 2002-2005
- Partner in Civil Litigation firm with primary focus on commercial litigation
Levin & Perconti, 2000-2002
- Associate in Plaintiff’s Medical Malpractice/Personal Injury firm
- Handled a caseload of approximately 80 Plaintiff’s cases in Cook, Lake, DuPage and Winnebago counties.
Lake County State’s Attorney’s Office 1994-2000
- Assistant State’s Attorney with extensive experience in all local courts
- Principal Assistant State’s Attorney with focus on Felony cases
- Successfully tried six first degree murder cases to jury, numerous narcotics cases, sexual assault cases, child sex cases and gained valuable experience in admitting all types of scientific evidence – especially DNA
International War Crimes Tribunal 1993-1994
- As a law student at DePaul University School Law School worked with Professor M. Cherif Bassiouni in his efforts to establish the International War Crimes Tribunal under UN auspices.
- Travelled multiple times with Professor Bassiouni to the International Institute of Higher Studies in Criminal Sciences in Siracusa, Italy, for programs to educate professors and jurists from Africa and the United Kingdom on the role of the Tribunal.
DePaul University Law School 1990-1993
- Graduated with Juris Doctor degree with emphasis in Trial Advocacy
Northwestern University 1986-1990
- Graduated with Bachelor of Arts Degree with a major in European History
Licensed to Practice:
- Illinois – May 4, 1994
- Federal Courts in the Northern District of Illinois, Central District of Illinois
- United States Supreme Court
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Have handled cases through Pro Hac Vice provisions in Wisconsin and Michigan